Sections & Committees
SABA Sections are either related to a specific legal practice area or a particular objective of the SABA Mission. They are intended to be standing in nature unless otherwise specified, and operate outside of the SABA Executive Committee term. Sections are open to all SABA members in good standing.
SABA Committees are formed to exercise a particular SABA goal, initiative, or function. SABA has Standing Committees and Annual Committees, and members are selected as governed by SABA's bylaws. Additionally, the SABA President may create ad hoc committees as necessary to execute any goals, initiatives, or functions of the organization with the consent of the SABA Executive Committee.
If you would like to get involved with leading or joining a Section or Committee, email the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SABA Leadership Institute is an innovative leadership program designed to "mind the gap" in leadership development for mid-career attorneys and provide these attorneys with the tools they need to navigate the field and reach the top ranks of the legal profession.
Starting in January 2022, SABA will bring together its second fellowship class of diverse mid-career attorneys with 10-15 years of experience. Over the next 8 months, through virtual sessions, these fellows will learn from each other, seasoned SABA attorneys, and experts in the field.
There are many benefits to this program, including:
- The SABA Leadership Institute will be a safe space for frank and honest dialogue on topics important to mid-career attorneys.
- Fellows will have access to monthly leadership development sessions with seasoned SABA attorneys who each have 20+ years of experience.
- Each fellowship class will have peer-to-peer networking opportunities for fellows to discuss the day-to-day challenges and opportunities they face in their careers.
Applications are due for the Class of 2021 Fellows on Oct. 22, 2021. To apply for the SABA Leadership Institute, click here.
Other important dates to keep in mind for the Class of 2022:
- Nov. 8-12, 2021 - Fellowship candidate interviews
- Nov. 22, 2021 - Fellows notified of acceptance
- Dec. 9, 2021 - Virtual Welcome Reception
- Jan. 2022 - Class of 2022 sessions begin
The CCC is a unique program designed to meet the needs of our corporate counsel by providing a forum for addressing the latest trends and issues faced by our corporate counsel.
Each program CCC will focus on a particular theme and feature one or more of the following during the course of the year:
- An intimate Chai Chat discussion with a prominent General Counsel or Chief Legal Officer.
- Highly focused panels on practical areas important to in-house counsel and relevant to corporate environments with a focus on business goals.
- Networking for and among corporate counsel.
SABA North America Annual Awards
At Conference in San Francisco on July 14-17, 2022, SABA North America will present its Annual Awards recognizing outstanding contributions from members and organizations. This year, SABA North America is pleased to accept nominations for the Pioneer Award, Corporate Counsel Achievement Award, Public Interest Achievement Award, Cornerstone Award, Diversity and Inclusion Champion Award, Rising Star Award, Racial Justice Award, and Outstanding Program Award.
Do you know someone who should be considered for an Award in 2022? Nominate them right away! Submit nominations HERE
We will begin accepting nominations for 2022 for Annual Conference and Awards nominations can be made through midnight PST on June 6th, 2022. Thanks for taking the time to promote our amazing SABA talent! If you have questions about the awards process, please contact our 2022 Awards Chair, Anjula Singh (email@example.com).
We are also proud to celebrate our 2021 Awardees, shown below:
Congratulations to the 2021 SABA North America Award Winners!
We thank our 2021 Awards Chairs Sa'adiyah Masoud and Jasmine Singh, and the entire 2021 Awards Committee for their hard work selecting the 2021 Awardees!
2021 SABACares Challenge
SABACares was created to provide SABA members with a chance to give back to the South Asian community. It was launched in 2019 – when nearly 100 SABA members came together for a service activity that supported our community in Atlanta.
While we can’t come together physically this year, this challenge will allow us to come together virtually to benefit nine organizations providing critical and life-saving resources for survivors of domestic violence in our community.
During the period June 14 – July 2, 2021, join us by completing one or more of the following activities:
- Make a financial contribution directly to one of the nine organizations listed below. Each is a past SABA Foundation grantee working to protect and support survivors. If you prefer to donate to another organization supporting domestic violence survivors in the South Asian community, that will also satisfy this requirement.
- Maximize your Contribution. Add one or more of these organizations to your company’s corporate donation matching system.
- Send a Note of Encouragement. Click here to write a virtual message for a survivor – SABA will take care of printing and delivering your note!
- Spread the Word. Record a video of you sending a message of solidarity to survivors everywhere, tag @SABALegal and one or more of the organizations below in your social media and post. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #SABACares.
- Reach out to an organization below, or one near you, to learn how you can provide pro bono or reduced fixed-rate legal services to help survivors.
- Get Creative. Brainstorm with a friend or colleague how we can contribute to reducing domestic violence in the South Asian community. Send those ideas to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us know that you have completed these activities by filling out this form. For each activity you complete and report, you will receive one raffle entry for some great prizes, including one free registration to the SABA Conference in San Francisco.
Please note, although you must be a SABA member to be entered into the raffle, you do not need to be registered for the 2021 SABA Conference to participate.
**Domestic Violence Organizations Supported by the 2021 SABACares Challenge**
To volunteer, email email@example.com
To volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To volunteer, email Info@heartwomenandgirls.org
To volunteer, email email@example.com
To volunteer, click here
To volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To volunteer, email Raksa@raksha.org