Sections & Committees
SABA Sections are either related to a specific legal practice area or a particular objective of the SABA Mission. They are intended to be standing in nature unless otherwise specified, and operate outside of the SABA Executive Committee term. Sections are open to all SABA members in good standing.
SABA Committees are formed to exercise a particular SABA goal, initiative, or function. SABA has Standing Committees and Annual Committees, and members are selected as governed by SABA's bylaws. Additionally, the SABA President may create ad hoc committees as necessary to execute any goals, initiatives, or functions of the organization with the consent of the SABA Executive Committee.
If you would like to get involved with leading or joining a Section or Committee, email the Executive Director at email@example.com.
The SABA Leadership Institute is an innovative leadership program designed to "mind the gap" in leadership development for mid-career attorneys and provide these attorneys with the tools they need to navigate the field and reach the top ranks of the legal profession.
Starting in January 2022, SABA will bring together its second fellowship class of diverse mid-career attorneys with 10-15 years of experience. Over the next 8 months, through virtual sessions, these fellows will learn from each other, seasoned SABA attorneys, and experts in the field.
There are many benefits to this program, including:
- The SABA Leadership Institute will be a safe space for frank and honest dialogue on topics important to mid-career attorneys.
- Fellows will have access to monthly leadership development sessions with seasoned SABA attorneys who each have 20+ years of experience.
- Each fellowship class will have peer-to-peer networking opportunities for fellows to discuss the day-to-day challenges and opportunities they face in their careers.
Applications are due for the Class of 2021 Fellows on Oct. 22, 2021. To apply for the SABA Leadership Institute, click here.
Other important dates to keep in mind for the Class of 2022:
- Nov. 8-12, 2021 - Fellowship candidate interviews
- Nov. 22, 2021 - Fellows notified of acceptance
- Dec. 9, 2021 - Virtual Welcome Reception
- Jan. 2022 - Class of 2022 sessions begin
The CCC is a unique program designed to meet the needs of our corporate counsel by providing a forum for addressing the latest trends and issues faced by our corporate counsel.
Each program CCC will focus on a particular theme and feature one or more of the following during the course of the year:
- An intimate Chai Chat discussion with a prominent General Counsel or Chief Legal Officer.
- Highly focused panels on practical areas important to in-house counsel and relevant to corporate environments with a focus on business goals.
- Networking for and among corporate counsel.
SABA North America Annual Awards
SABA North America presents Annual Awards recognizing outstanding member contributions at its yearly Conference celebration. A description of each Award and past winners is below.
In conjunction with its Racial Justice Task Force, SABA North America is thrilled to launch a new award this year - The Racial Justice Award, which will be given to an individual, law firm, company, or a not-for-profit organization that has implemented an innovative approach to using the law to achieve significant inclusion, racial justice and social impact.
SABA North America is thrilled to announce its 2021 Awardees!
Congratulations to the 2021 SABA North America Award Winners!
A special thank you to our Awards Chairs Sa'adiyah Masoud and Jasmine Singh, and the entire Awards Committee!